Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Perfect Blade of Grass

My husband and I have three dogs (Max, Maddy and Lucy). Every morning we get up playing the "Oh, I am running late for work so you take them out" game. The mornings that Ryan takes them out it seems like they go out do their business and then come back in the house where it is nice and warm. On the days that I have to take them out first thing in the morning, they take what seems to be five hours to do the deed.

Max, our first four legged barking kid, has to have the perfect blade of grass to potty on. I don't understand it...do they not all look alike to him too? Does one blade smell different from the next? Does he prefer tall ones verses shorter ones? I am just not understanding his process of which he chooses the perfect one.

I don't know why he thinks that it has to be perfect for him to get what needs to be done done. Stop with all the sniffing already and just do it!

I want us all to just stop what we are doing and just do IT....whatever that IT is. Is your IT telling someone that you are sorry for something that you may have done to them. Or is your IT helping out someone in need or telling that special someone that you love them. I know for me, my IT is telling my family about Christ and showing them His love through me. In the past few months I have not been very Christ-like at all and this year I plan to change that.

I have a sister...we have never been close, but this past year our bond has been completely severed. This sister of mine is going to have her first baby, a little girl I recently found out. I was not happy for her at all. I didn't think that it was fair and even doubted God's plan for me. See, Ryan and I have been married for almost nine years now and for the past seven years have tried to have a baby. In the past year alone, I have been around 10 women that have been pregnant and had to watch each and everyone go through the wonder that is becoming a mother. It is still hard to see the joy on their faces while feeling my heartbreak, but I have faith in my Lord.

Sniff, sniff, sniff...how does this all relate? For the past few months I have been trying to find a time to talk to my sister. I have to stop sniffing around the idea of forgiveness and actually forgive her. I have to stop sniffing around the idea of compassion and actually be compassionate. I have to stop sniffing around the idea of love and actually love her. I have to find my perfect blade of grass and just do it already!

I am still not too happy with the idea, but I can at least show her that she is not alone and I do care about her and her little girl. I am going to have another niece! :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still are not happy that she is pregnant. You could care less about what she is going through or how she is feeling. You have hurt her so badly. She stays in tears constantly thinking that you would have enjoyed being there with her when she... found out what she was having, had her first 3D/4D Ultrasound, when she registered for her gifts for her shower, when she had her shower, and when she delivers she would have liked for you to be there.

    But with the hurt that you have caused her she doent want you anywhere near her the day that Kennedy arrives.

    A mom-to-be should not have to sit through her own baby shower in tears and wishing that her little sister was there to share this with her.

    It is not your sister's fault that you can not get pregnant.

    God has told you NO or to Wait. It is not your time to be pregnant yet and may never be. That is between you and God. You claim that you are a christian...then you know that God has a plan for everyone and a timimg that he will do it in. Remember the story of Sarah God told her that she would have a child she did but it was on God's timing. You can not tell God that you are ready he will tell you when you are ready. But you have been blaming her for your unobtainable goal.

    You have said hurtful things to her and yet she still cares about you. I think she is stupid for that.

    You have not talked to her in 6 months how do you think that makes her feel.

    She has tried and your grandmother has confirmed that she has made efforts to talk with you, but you shut her down.

    She is hurting but you don't care.

    You want all of your friends to think that she is the one at fault and you are the super caring christian that has a whore in the family. You did call her a mental ill whore... those are some of the words you have called her and that 6 months later still call her so much pain.

    ReplyDelete