Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Toilet Paper

Have you ever been siting around...say on the toilet, and thought of about 100 different things that you need to do in a days time? Well, I do all the time. It's not always things that will take a huge amount of time or effort...mostly it is very easy tasks to complete.

For an example, I have been out of toilet paper for the past few weeks. Thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law, I had a roll this past week, but tomorrow is a new day and I don't think that there is enough to go around. I don't know what it is about me, but for some reason I just will not go to the store and buy the T.P. that is so very much needed in my house. Not even go to the store....in the past two days I have been at my very favorite store, TARGET, twice and each time have passed the row that the T.P. lives on....have I picked up some and taken it to the front of the store...NO, I have not. I don't know why...maybe it is because I am lazy or maybe it's because I think I can hold off for one more day. If I keep this up I will be on the pot with T.P. and then where will I be...that's right...up the creek without a paddle.

My point to all of this is in life we wait and wait and wait to do things that we most desperately need to do, like say hello to a friend, send out Christmas gifts to family that is not close by (Katie, I promise I will get that in the mail by the end of next week or the week after) or something as simple as asking the Lord to forgive you for your sins.

I don't know why we think it is so hard to do any of those things but its not hard at all...in fact it is pretty easy. The sad thing about it is we all think that we can do it tomorrow when we have more time...NEWS FLASH...we are not promised tomorrow...we might not have the time to do any of those things...tomorrow might just be the end of the roll. So, I would like to encourage you to think of something that you have been putting off and go do it. I am going to go and get my T.P. before it is too late.

3 comments:

  1. girl, I got your back. now exactly which house was yours....... that I can't remember!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to read a talk that I heard. Its on of my all time favorites. I will try to send it to you somehow!!

    ReplyDelete